December 10-11, 2012, Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel Aviv, Israel
Discourse, research and innovation in education and teacher education:
- Discourse in Education:Dialogue and communication among various groups; educational dialogue as a means of change and empowerment in a changing pluralistic society; discourse analysis in various contexts – in preschool, in the classroom, in schools, in society; perception of personal, professional and cultural identity based on discourse analysis.
- Innovative Methodology: Relevant research genres in education; the role of research in professional development of teacher educators, teachers and student teachers; the relationship between research and practice in education.
- Innovation in Education:Exceptional projects to promote various domains in education; innovative educational models; technological innovations such as innovative collaborative learning models and their role in education; creation of a learning community; conflicts created by technology; cooperation in a global world through technology; multicultural education in an era of change; the changing face of literacy in school and society; educational-social involvement in the community; teacher-parent-pupil attitudes and relations; innovation and renewal in teacher education.
For additional clarifications, please contact Prof. Hanna Ezer: Tel: 03-6902422.
At the top of the proposal please note which of the three aforementioned topics your proposal is addressing.
Music education: Tradition and change
The School of Music Education at the Levinsky College of Education focuses on research and practice in music education, and invites both scholars and practitioners to participate. Conference submissions will include research and exemplary projects related to the discourse on music education. Abstract topics include but not limited to the following:
- Historical aspects of music education
- Innovation in music education
- Music education and cognition
- Music education in multi-cultural societies
We welcome empirical and theoretical studies, as well as projects of excellence.
For further details please contact: School of Music Education, Levinsky College of Education: 03-6902470.
A historical-developmental perspective of education:
The Israeli Association for the Study of the History of Education, headed by Prof. Yacov Iram and Prof. Yuval Dror, is hosting its fourteenth annual meeting as part of the international Conference on Education and Teacher Education.
This meeting is open to lectures on an array of topics relevant to historical perspectives on innovation, discourse and research in education in both Israel and in the Diaspora.
For further information, please contact Nava Eisin in the Education Archives, Tel: 03-6408464 or Prof. Yuval Dror, Tel: 03-6408853.
Technology start-up presentations in education:
Creative developers are invited to submit proposals for innovative and unique start-up projects that incorporate technology in education in the following areas:
- Computer software for fostering learning and thinking in formal and informal learning settings.
- Websites to foster various aspects in education (specific disciplines, various art forms and other areas such as social and emotional skills)
Proposals can be submitted for start-ups for which development was completed anywhere between three months and two years prior to the submission deadline and which are now fully operational. The proposal must be submitted as a written abstract of up to 300 words, David 12-point font, 1.5 line spacing. Abstract structure: start-up goals, rationale, target population, brief description of the start-up, importance and implications for education. Please attach the address of a website that describes the start-up or that contains information about the start-up as well as a brief biography of each developer.
The start-ups will be judged by a panel of experts, and the two top-ranking start-ups will receive an award. In addition, the winners will receive academic exposure and assistance in conducting research. The awards will be granted to the winners during the conference.